Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Nail Art-Tape Manicure

  
     Today I'd like to share with you some nail art I recently wore. It's nothing fancy and was actually really easy to do, but I ended up loving it and got quite a few comments about it.

Nail-art-Tape-Manicure
  
     I started out with a base of JulieG Rio De Janeiro from the Cruise Collection 2014. A deep berry pink creme polish that has found a home in my top 10 favorite polishes this year. Then I did an accent nail of Finger Paints Crystalline Crush from the Shredded Chromes Collection. I was lucky enough to win 3 polishes from this collection from Finger Paints and have been impressed with them so far.

JulieG-Rio-De-Janeiro

     I decided that just having the accent nail wasn't quite enough. I taped off my thumb and middle fingers an added a stripe of Crystalline Crush to each one. I liked it but something was missing.

Finger-paints-Crystalline-Crush

     The addition of the dots was just what this manicure needed. It added a little something without being too flashy and I was in love. I had to use 2 coats of top coat for this manicure to get a smooth finish, Crystalline Crush was a bit rough when dry.


Nail-Art-Tape-Manicure

     And here's the full manicure. I normally only do one accent nail, but I think I like this crossover between a skittles manicure and a double accent nail manicure. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Its nit what I had in mind when I started out, but I love the finished results.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Julia =) The manicure sort of evolved as I did it, but I love it!

      Delete
  3. I love the addition of the dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dots completley transformed this mani. It was ok before hand but looked like it was missing something. Even my mom commented on how it needed something more. Who knew it was a simple as adding dots!

      Delete

Like what you see? Share it with your friends!