Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mrs. P's Nail Potions - The Autumneleon Collection

   
     Happy Wednesday everyone. Who tuned in to watch Nail'd it! last night? I actually just finished watching it before I sat down to write this post and wow can I say Drama drama drama! Thankfully the only drama you will find in my post are some dramatic new multi-chrome polishes from Mr's P's Nail Potions. Even better I have the entire collection to share with you today.
   
     Up to No Brew is a multi-color shifting chameleon lacquer that shifts between cyan, blue, purple, and red.

Autumneleon Collection

     Did you notice the color shift on the left side of the bottle there! WOWZERS!  You will get that on your nails as well, just maybe not in pictures. I think it's time to do some research and invest in a newer camera. The one I've been using is at least 10 years old.

     Out of the 4 polishes, this one had the least favorable application for me. I say that because the other 3 are almost 1 coat polishes, whereas Up to No Brew took 2 thin coats for full coverage. The first coat went on a little sheer and you may be tempted to do multiple strokes on one nail to get better coverage. I suggest avoiding that or you might experience some slight dragging. I may have found that out the hard way. Shown here is 2 coats plus top coat.


The Autumneleon Collection by Mrs. P's Nail Potions

     Harvest Sunset is a multi-color shifting chameleon lacquer that shifts between indigo, purple, red, and orange.

The Autumneleon Collection by Mrs P's Nail Potions

      Hello, Gorgeous!  Ok, I think we all need to take a moment and just appreciate how pretty this looks on my nails. And it will look fantastic on yours too!
.......
.......
.......

     Moment over, now onto the details. The application was practically perfect. This could easily be a 1 coater polish.  The formula was smooth, with the polish going only where I wanted it. Shown here is 2 coats plus top coat. Seriously this is my favorite of the bunch. It has everything I love in a nail polish. It's pink but not just pink, it's that deep pink that is all woman and no little girl. And, it has a strong color shift that gives off flashes of amber and purple. Can you say next pedicure color! 

    
     Autumnal Inception is a multi-color shifting chameleon lacquer that shifts between red, orange, yellow, and kelly green.


    When you ask people what they love most about the fall season most of them will tell you the changing leaves. Sure you'll get a few that say "pumpkin everything"  but 99% will say the colors.  Autumnal Inception has all the colors of the changing leaves in one polish! How perfectly named was this?

     The application was again a dream with pretty close to full opacity with 1 coat. Show here is 2 coats plus top coat. The color shift on this one is simply amazing.



     Seasons Turneth Over is a multi-color shifting chameleon lacquer that shifts between green, orange, and purple.




      This one had the least color shift of the collection. I actually ended up swatching this one 3 times trying to get good pictures in the different lighting outside. The application was a breeze with almost full opacity with 1 coat. Shown here is 2 coats plus top coat.

      I have, to be honest, and tell you that after experiencing such amazing colors shifts with the rest of the collection this one was kind of a letdown. Don't get me wrong it's still a pretty polish and I like it. I just think it fell slightly short compared to the rest. What do you think? Also, this is the only one from the collection that is currently unavailable.

    
     Mrs. P's Nail Potions can be purchased on Etsy, with prices ranging from $8.27 to $10.11 a bottle. To keep up with all the latest news and collection releases be sure to check them out on Facebook. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!



  







27 comments:

  1. Harvest Sunset is gorgeous! I love a good multichrome polish :) Great swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just love that one! I say that like it wasn't obvious in my post.. lol

      Delete
  2. Oooh Autumnal Inception is beautiful! Love duo/multi chromes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is a very close second in order of my favorites in this collection. It really is fall in a bottle.

      Delete
  3. Some interesting colors in this collection. Wonderful swatches of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I knew I had to have these when I first saw teaser pics online.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful swatches! I think I agree with you, compared to the other ones that last shade is very meh. I really like the second and third one, though! I haven't watched Nail It yet (no cable) but I just downloaded it through Itunes so I'll be checking it out at some point today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirby! I really enjoyed Nail'd it! I just wish the scenes where they are actually painting the nails were slowed down, I want to learn not just see pretty nails. lol

      Delete
  5. It's amazing to me that duochromes have gotten good enough to be nearly one-coaters! These are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah I was very surprised at the coverage I got form these and in a good way!

      Delete
  6. These polishes are lovely! Gotta love a good shifter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have drooled over the ILNP duochromes for ever and these certainly are on the same level. So pretty and now I don't feel like I need the others.

      Delete
  7. I literally just finished watching the show! Would love to see nicer contestants in the next episodes!
    I like Up to No Brew the best out of all, though I think duochromes/multichromes shades are almost the same from one brand to the next. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree about the nicer contestants, but drama makes for good television and gets people talking so I have a feeling we are in for more of it. Such a shame since they are all artists and should respect each others talents.

      Delete
  8. I did not get to see Nail'd It, sadness. Maybe my hubby can find it online for me this weekend.
    These multichromes look great, I love Autumnnal Inception. I think I have personally reached multichrome Nirvana though with my ILNPs and the Darling Diva Queen Collex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well in case you haven't heard already iTunes is offering the first episode for free s you cant watch it there. =)

      Delete
  9. These are gorgeous! I love multichromes. I watched Nail'd It today. My favorite quote "let me interrupt you complimenting yourself...". So much cattiness from one of the girls, so unnecessary too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling there will be more of it as the season progresses. Maybe I'll watch it with the sound off so I can still see the nail art but miss the comments. lol

      Delete
  10. Multichromes are great! These look fab on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I think Harvest Sunset is my fave :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Gorgeous! My mom already snatched up my bottle of Autumnal Inception, says that's her next pedi color.

      Delete
  12. Oh these are gorgeous! I'm really liking Up to No Brew and Harvest Sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to No Brew is growing on me but me favorites are still Harvest Sunset and Autumnal Inception.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful swatches! These are great multichromes!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Share it with your friends!