Monday, November 10, 2014

Gabriel - Hush Hush

  
     A few weeks ago I posted about a Collaboration between Gabriel Cosmetics and Brooke Anderson for the Head Down South Collection. Today I am lucky enough to have one of the shades from this collection to share with you.
  
     Hush Hush is described as a steel grey polish with shimmer.  You can see silver shimmer swimming around in the bottle giving off a marbled appearance. Unfortunately, the shimmer pretty much disappears on the nail. You can see a little bit of it on my pinky nail in this picture, but it's very subtle.

Hush-Hush-Gabriel-Cosmetics
Shown 1 coat plus top coat
     The application was super easy and smooth. Bonus, this polish is a 1 coater! And as you can see it stamps really well.


      I wanted to try out a negative space manicure with a bit of a lacy look. I really like how this turned out. I used MoYou plate 06 from the Kaleidoscope Collection to create this look.



     The addition of a matte top coat gave a sort of chalkboard appearance, which would make a great background for some metallic stamping. I think I like the matte version better, what do you think?

     The Brooke Anderson, Head Down South Collection by Gabriel Cosmetics is available October 1st through the holidays at www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com and retail individually for $8.50.

     Gabriel Cosmetics is a vegan, USDA Certified organic, gluten-free and cruelty-free - Listed as a PETA's "Beauty without Bunnies" Company. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!





31 comments:

  1. I can't say that I love it, but I do love the potential it has. Im still wearing it and thining up all sorts of ideas to layer over it each time I look at my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I think I like it better matte, too. Definitely can see some metallic stamping going well on top, that'd look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought about having a metallic silver underneath for a ruffian manicure, there just seems to be so much I could do with this polish I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The accent nail looks awesome! Looks great matte too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I had an idea in my head to create a fancy negative space look. Especially after watching a few episodes of Nail's It. And I struggled with how to do it. Finally decided on a full nail image to see if that would work. Its not the exact idea I had in my head, but it works and I love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really would be a great base for a chalkboard mani! I like it better matte too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chalkboard mani was the first idea that popped ito my head after seeing thematte version. Since then I've come up with a ton of other ideas. I dont really know which one I want to try first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do also prefer the matte look! And your accent nail is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! It was the only part of the manicure I was sure about when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! I really wanted to try and do something different with it than the typical lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the matte version better...I totally see the chalkboard feel! I LOVE those kaleidoscope plates so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A One Coat Wonder?! Love! I just wish that shimmer was more prevalent. Your stamping here is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too! I kind of wish I had ordered more from this collection. But I guess I can always order more once I use these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good one coat wonder. Hate when a polish has shimmer in the bottle but not on the nail. At least this one has tons of potential when it comes to nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that accent! Matte is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouu, I love that negative space stamping! Great polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. I've been trying to think outside of the box with my nail art lately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the matte gives more options for layering or nail art. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, I love the stamping that you did here!! I like the polish with a matte topcoat on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Doesn't it make this polish seem more versatile with the matte top coat? Its still nice glossy, but the matte wins it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you. My biggest struggle with stamping is the placement. But I've slowly been working on it and I'm proud that this image was centered on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you. My collection of image plates is huge and I don't use them that often. Im working on getting through them and also my stamping skills. I was pretty proud of how this one turned out. I got the whole image and it was centered on my nail!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks. It's my favorite part of this manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Doesnt it look like a great base for nail art! I really wish all that shimmer I saw in the bottle didnt vanish on the nail though.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Share it with your friends!